Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 13


Standing By, 7 x 5 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
SOLD

During the warmer months, I paint on location with a local plein air group several times a month. Painting en plein air means painting "in the open air," and all the cool kids are doing it these days.

I was really drawn to this old truck that was at our afternoon location, and decided it would make a good daily painting.

This study took about an hour and a half. I could have fiddled around with it for another hour or two, but I had the gist of it, and besides, it was hot and the back of my neck was getting sunburned. (I can be a total plein air Diva sometimes. Oh, the drama!)

This is only the second time I've put a vehicle in a painting, but they are fun. The license plate is my favorite part.





No comments:

Post a Comment