Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 34


Don's Jar, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
Click for purchase information.

My husband had some new pottery fired in our friend's wood kiln last week. Our friend Don had some pieces in the firing as well. When we opened the kiln a few days later, amidst all of the beautiful pottery sat this little jar of Don's. I loved the shape of the jar, and the colors of the raw clay next to the green glaze on the top.

I knew right away I wanted to paint it. One of the benefits of hanging around with mud-slinging pyromaniacs (aka potters) is first dibs (usually, haha.) Since Don was out of town that day, everyone thought it would be ok if I took the jar home to paint. Hope you don't mind, Don. I'll give it back when you get home, I promise! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment