Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 35


Cadmium Red Light, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
Click for purchase information.

This color is on my palette 99% of the time, whether it's a limited palette of only a few colors, or my main palette of 11 colors. The reason there is yellow paint on this tube is because I always lay my colors out in the same order, with yellow coming before red, and for the life of me I can't open any tube of yellow paint without getting some of it on my hands. Hence the yellow paint on all my other paint tubes.

In case you were wondering, this tube of red paint is Gamblin. Gamblin's Cadmium Yellow Light looks like Windsor Newton's Cad Lemon, which kind of bugs me. So instead, I use Windsor Newton's Cadmium Yellow Pale for my bright, sunny yellow. Colors can vary between brands, which is irritating in a way, but good when you find one that seems better than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment