Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 211


Mugshot: Jeanne, 4 x 4 inch oil on panel.
© 2013 Kathleen Coy

After Friday's post about some of the stress I was feeling (which generated some wonderful, thought provoking, and supportive comments. Thank you!) I decided the best cure was to paint what interests me the most right now, and what is just pure joy and fun for me - mugshots! Skin tones and features, coupled with interesting backgrounds in a small format really float my boat right now... partly because painting or drawing faces (animal or human) has always been my favorite, but mainly because I learn so darn much from each one of these little paintings. This is Jeanne, from the Hilton Head Gang. Those colorful glasses and were so much fun, not to mention the earring and all that pink background!

No comments:

Post a Comment