Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 215


Vintage Mugshot #3, 4 x 4 inch oil on panel
© 2013 Kathleen Coy

Here is the side view of the girl I painted yesterday. If you haven't seen that post, check it out to see the front view. I had so much fun painting her hat and trying to capture the mesh veil. Her earring, lips, and that curl peaking out from under her hat were very enjoyable to paint, too. Once again, making up colors from a black and white photo was intensely freeing. Here again is the original mugshot from the 20s or 30s. I adore old photos, and hers is so haunting to me.


4 comments:

  1. You've done it again! This is as good as the first...those skin tones are great. I love these two! You have inspired me to try painting from black and white again..I haven't tried it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the profile! Amazing skintones as usual... love it!

    ReplyDelete