Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 126


Ice, 5 x 7 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

This is what I wanted to paint most during the Malvern Plein Air festival. Sure, there were a lot of neat buildings and gorgeous landscapes around, but this ice cooler on main street kept calling to me. I just loved the way the red lettering looked with the turquoise wall. However, the only way to have this view was to set up across the street. I got all ready to paint, when car after car parked in the space in front of the ice cooler, completely blocking my view. As busy as main street was that day, I knew it would be an exercise in frustration to even try to start painting, so I snapped a quick photo when the parking spot was clear, so I could paint it at home. 

Just in case my painting didn't put this song in your head, I'll put it there now. **evil laugh**




No comments:

Post a Comment