Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 137


Buckets, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

I know I'll be painting subjects that are new to me at the workshop I'm taking next week, so I decided to continue my warm up with another beach scene, this time outside of my comfort zone (no dogs!) Like yesterday, this too was painted from a Wet Canvas reference image library photo, since I don't have any photos like this of my own yet. I was drawn to the primary colors of the buckets and blue suit, and the action of the girls. I think the water looks a little better in this one than in yesterdays.

2 comments:

  1. The girl in shadow is simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, thank you so much! I've really been working on values in shadow lately, glad it's paying off.

      Delete