Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 76


Free Range, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
160.00, framed.

This is a painting I've been wanting to do for awhile now, and decided this was the day. I'm noticing as the weeks go by, my work is getting brighter and bolder. Compare this Fisher Price boy with the one on day 31. I do like day 31, but the brushwork in todays painting is a lot more confident, and the values are stronger, too. I see a pretty big difference - it feels like there's more life in this one. It's fun for me to look back and see how my alla prima painting style is evolving. 




2 comments:

  1. Neat combo! Cute salt (or pepper?) shaker too. I agree this one is a bit more lively in some way, but there is something so nice about the earlier painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mona! The chicken is actually part of the Fisher Price farm set. The vintage set, anyway. Not sure what they look like now. Huge nostalgia factor for me.

      Delete