Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 87


Back Study with Blue Hat, 5 x 7 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy


Another 40 minute pose at the figure drawing group I meet with. I saved a little time by pre-mixing some skin tones at home before I left, and it worked out well. Saved me at least 5 to 10 minutes, and every second counts when the clock is ticking. I'm extremely happy with this piece, I think it's my best from the figure group so far. 

It's interesting for me to see how the skin tones in my work have become more life-like throughout the months, considering I had no experience with painting humans before this painting-a-day project. Now I'm fascinated with training my eye to see the many subtle (and not so subtle) colors within the range of human skin tones that I never really noticed before - greens, blues, purples, and more. What marvelous creatures we are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment