Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 85


My Bathtub Drain Switch Looks Like a Penguin
6 x 6 inch, oil on panel. © 2012 Kathleen Coy

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you what could quite possibly be the most important painting since the Mona Lisa. Ok, maybe not, heehee. But I really get a kick out of this painting. In fact, I haven't decided if I want to part with it. 

This painting plays on one of my favorite things - finding faces in inanimate objects. What can I say, I'm easily amused. (There's one in my washing machine that cracks me up every time.) It was a little nerve-wracking taking my camera into the bath to get this shot, and painting my feet was harder than I thought it would be - the distortion from the water was tricky. It really was a case of "paint what you see, not what you know." But after all that, I'm very happy with this little painting. One of my favorites for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment