Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 101


Shadow Walk 6 
6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
Winner of the 2012 Edward Hopper House annual small works show,  
Small Matters of Great Importance, in Nyack, NY.
SOLD

Number 6 may be a new favorite in the Shadow Walk series for me. I love the composition of this piece. I also love the dark value of Cloud's white back feet, in the shade of his own shadow. I get such a kick out of going through my photos and looking for things that stand out to me, cropping those photos into interesting design patterns, and then to create paintings that play up the things that caught my eye in the first place, all while celebrating the beauty of everyday life. I was incredibly honored that this painting won the Award of Excellence at the Edward Hopper House small works show in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment