Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 108


Dance, 5 x 7 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

I cannot tell you how much fun this was to paint. I was taking photos at a renaissance festival at a local winery a few years ago, with every intention of using them for paintings, and got busy with other projects and sort of forgot about them. Can you believe the photos sat in a file untouched this long? Me neither! Especially when I loved everything about the dance photos I got that day. The wonderful thing about these daily paintings is looking for new subjects, and going through files of my reference photos that I had set aside to paint "someday." Needless to say, I'm finding lots of good ones!

I'm trying something new with this painting - this is my first time using the auction feature on the Daily Paintworks site. Good luck to all who bid.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the reflection on the hair especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shinhuey! I love that part, too.

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed. You keep everything so painterly but draw so accurately and do it on such small canvases! I can't wait to see the next 257 (or is it 256?) paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley! It took a little while to get the hang of working this small, but now I really like it.

      Delete